Thursday, October 2, 2014

Lee Child and Joe Konrath discussing Amazon and Hatchette

If, unlike me, you're not a little tired of the Amazon v Hachette debate and still want to know which enormous corporation is the evilest, there's a fascinating conversation going on over at Joe Konrath's blog.

Read the exchanges here first and then the next round here.

I've said all I'm going to say on the issue, personally. I think Tree Beard still has it right, from where I'm standing.

But Konrath and Child are writing from two very different places on opposite ends of the spectrum. I won't spoil the details, but it's some of the most intelligent and original discussion going on at the moment. If you're interested in the debate or in the changing world of publishing in general, I recommend you go and read.

Then I recommend you go and do something like write because no matter how the publishing game changes, that's still the first thing you need to do and you have to do it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment